We are a team targeting to create a free, powerful, ease-to-use and plugin-free web3D graphics engine using WebGL. If you have good ideas with your web site, Oak3D just makes it easier to implement.
Oak3D encapsulates the browser-layer WebGL API and provides a set of ease-to-use API that free the developers from the bottom API interface details. Also, the Oak3D provides many kinds of basic functional libraries, such as Math Library, Model Library, Skeletal Animation Library and etc. Apart from these, Oak3D has the necessary tools to convert the traditional graphic resources into the acceptable format for Oak3D. All these features make the Oak3D a HTML5 based Web3D development platform.
Oak3D is composed by two layers, Oak3D Core and Oak3D Engine. For more detail, please visit this wiki entry.
- Highly-optimized Math Library
- Bounding Box (AABB/OBB)
- Intersection utility
- Exporting model/material/skeletal animation from 3dsMax (9 – 2012)
- Exporting model from Maya (8.5 – 2012)
- Loading Model/Skeletal Resource Document
- Multiple file format (XML/Binary and Collada in future)
- Loading non power of 2 sized texture
- Loading XML-organized shader document.
- Support include macro, custom shader code block, dynamic definition in shader compiling.
- Checking WebGL supportness dynamically by one single function (okIsWebGL).
- Querying and enabling WebGL extensions easily (okExtension)
- Querying system information and hardware capability (okEngineInfo)
- WebGL API wrapper objects (object-based, easy to use)
- Model/Mesh resource management utility
- Camera Utility
- Material Utility
- Text Utility
- Generating built-in geometries
- Mesh skin
- Playing skeletal animation
- Multi-channel animation blend
Engine Feature (Just tell engine what to draw, don’t need to know how to draw.)
- Configuarble WebGL-based rendering pipeline
- High-performance scene management
- Support multi-scene
- Support multi-viewport
- Material configure
- Dynamic-LOD terrain system
- Complete resource loading/managing process (model/texture/skeletal animation)
- No-shader Web3D application development
- Dynamic lighting
- Dynamic shadow
- Normal mapping
- Alpha test
- Particle system
- Multi-layered texture mapping
- Video canvas in 3D scene.
- Custom rendering behavior by using material script